Welcome to The Realm

Welcome to our forum! Like most online communities you must register to view or post. But don't worry, this is a simple process that requires minimal information and effort. When registering, please use your Nation name from NS as your Display name.

Thank you.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tiku

Nation Retention Ideas

Hey guys! So I'm trying to improve our nation retention mainly by telegramming our newest regions getting to know them and encouraging them to participate in our community! The people are the best part of Yggdrasil! 

So I thought what better way to introduce this particular new nation called Cody50 to Sarcasm at Yggdrasil (which totally needs to be it's own topic) with this TG:

To Cody50

Hi there Cody49+1

How are you this fine morning? I would like to welcome you to Yggdrasil where we are all excellent at math. So rest assured Cody47+4 you will feel right at home with us. It may not be as large as Balder mind you Cody36+15 but we sure are good at math. 

So Cody(√441 + √225 +√169) + 2, please do post on the RMB and I hope you can be active on the message boards!

See you soon Cody48+√4+√-1

Now aside from humor what are the other ways to get new nations to engage with and encourage newer nations to join the conversation?

{P.S: In case you're wondering why I had to add that TG's contents to this post, it is not random as there is a very important reason for it: I like my jokes and So must everyone within hearing distance.}

I love using jokes to help retention. It keeps it lighthearted and the personal touch is a great way to make nations feel welcomed and appreciated.

Using jokes is a good idea but a joke with math in it might not work too well. Not everyone is fond of math.

6 hours ago, Wordy said:

I love using jokes to help retention. It keeps it lighthearted and the personal touch is a great way to make nations feel welcomed and appreciated.

1 hour ago, Allemeine said:

Using jokes is a good idea but a joke with math in it might not work too well. Not everyone is fond of math.

So continue with the jokes but no math? I mean come on, we sure are good at math right? :D 

Anyway will keep that in mind 👍

9 hours ago, Tiku said:

So continue with the jokes but no math? I mean come on, we sure are good at math right? :D 

Anyway will keep that in mind 👍

Yes, we are good at math. But we haven't used it in a couple of decades. There are some people that are not good at math therefore they hate it. Thanks for your consideration.

1 person likes this

It's a good idea actually, but with math or not is up to person.