walon isle

Anime

I read Ika Musume too! (Left off on ch.200~ though) Tried the anime afterwards too, but never got to finishing it.

Speaking of comedy, I should get to reading more of Yotsuba.

Fullmetal Alchemist is supposedly good. It's action/fantasy/comedy and can sometimes get rather dark. I've had friends recommend it too, but never got around to it.

Akame ga Kill is similar, but still ongoing.

I watched the original series of FMA, it's one of my favorite dubbed animes but doesn't follow the manga. They recently created FMA Brotherhood which does follow the manga, but I haven't gotten around to watching it

Edited by Vrolondia

I think I've seen FMA: Brotherhood around...

I suppose I'l try it. I just need to finish Gundam 00 first.

I liked Gundam 00, especially the OPs and EDs.

Warning about the movie, lol.

Random Anime recommendation:

Blast of Tempest / Zetsuen no Tempest

Type: Action, Suspense, Romance, the type that will blow your mind. Also includes an evil tree or two. Not that it has anything to do with Yggdrasil. This was one of the best anime titles I saw in recent years.

This Season's Review:

- Break Blade 7/10

- Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 5/10

- Hitsugi no Chaika 7/10

- Black Bullet 8/10

- Fairy Tail season 2 (not rated...come on its fairly tail!)

- Sidonia no Kishi 8.5/10

- Gokukoku no Brynhildr 7/10

- Mangaka-san to Assistant-san 5/10

- Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns 6/10

- Selector infected WIXOSS 6/10

- Atelier Escha & Logy - Alchemists of the Dusk Sky 5/10

- Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin 7/10

- Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 7/10

- Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii 6/10

YES I have previewed all of these. So far, only two titles stand out : Black Bullet, and Sidonia no Kishi (Knight of Sidonia).The latter is not traditional anime but done entirely in CG. Usually, I dislike CG but for Sidonia the style seems to work. I see a lot of potential in both of these titles taking into account the universe the story is set and the potential plots that could develop from it.

The rest are pretty mundane. Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii has so far been a letdown with a very typical story. By watching 2 eps I can already tell what's going to happen ahead. Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou was rated even lower due to its lack of originality.

A common theme threading some of the titles this season is the potential tragedies that would develop: Black Bullet, SI WIXOSS, Nanana, and Brynhildr all have potentially "bad ends" (this is my guess from watching just the first two episodes). I can't recall any recent seasons where so many titles (4) are set up this way.

This is great. All these recommendations are really helping me.

Sort of. If I can find a place to watch them....

This is great. All these recommendations are really helping me.

Sort of. If I can find a place to watch them....

I usually just go here. lovemyanime.net Places like hulu and crunchyroll have some too, but not everything.

If you really want to, you can torrent them from nyaa.

Edited by Space Nekos

Listed off the top of my head, I have several series. Most because of a close interest in manga as well...some anime are better than the manga, and vice versa. These are the ones I still like after a couple years cooling off.

Banner & Crest of the Stars, Love Hina, Planetes, Robotech series (excepting second and third seasons), Macross Saga (there are differences between this and the last entry), Record of Lodoss War (the original), Valkyria Chronicles (almost as much as the game), Galaxy Express 999, Berserk, Tenchi Muyo, Rurouni Kenshin and xxxHolic

So, considering my selection...do I get my anime otaku card pulled? XD Plus, if anyone knows these series, could you recommend what I might like more recently? I've kind of drifted away from anime the last, oh, five years?

EDIT: Oh, and Vandread! How could I forget Vandread? Probably think of more later.

Edited by Galmorra

I torrent from Nyaa! *raises hand*

@Lullary: Have you tried http://www.crunchyroll.com/ ?

I downloaded the Crunchyroll app on windows phone. Watched GIRLS und PANZER.

Wow, for a card game show, I'm really enjoying WIXOSS.

Also saw the 6 Gundam Unicorn OVAs recently. Really great even though I didn't watch the first 4 Gundams it's supposed to be a sequel to. Nice story, nice soundtrack, nice production. Nice nice nice.

Eh, SAO should have ended around episode 10

Edited by Vrolondia

Reviving this topic so I hope I'm not in trouble for gravedigging :P

Fall 2015 is about to start soon. I'm going to try and keep up with the airing animes this time. I usually binge watch at a later date.

Edited by Libetarian Republics

My favorite isĀ 

Akame Ga killĀ