Welcome to The Realm

Welcome to our forum! Like most online communities you must register to view or post. But don't worry, this is a simple process that requires minimal information and effort. When registering, please use your Nation name from NS as your Display name.

Thank you.

Anon Zytose

I am taking map requests here!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my map request thread. Here is what I'm currently setting up as the official spot where you may request where and how you would like to be placed.

Recommended details include geographical features, which neighbors you would like to have (or not have), and general shape. As an example of the sort of map request you can make (at least until I release the physical map), here is my own map request:

I intend to be placed on a mountain range too high for trees to grow or rain to fall, stretching north and south from the equator, 151 degrees either west or east from the prime meridian. I prefer to reach at least one of the two nearest desert bands.

It may be worth noting some of the physical characteristics of this planet, as I have laid out on this dispatch. The most important thing to note is that the locations of high and low precipitation are different from where they would be on Earth. There will still be plenty of rain at the equator, but the other regions with lots of rain (or snow) will be 36 and 72 degrees both north and south latitude. Meanwhile, the north and south poles will still lack precipitation, but the other places like that will be 18 and 54 degrees away from the equator.

One thing worth noting is I won't be adding just anyone. For a nation to be added to my map, the player controlling it must either already be on the previous map or make a request to join my map, preferably on this thread. Either way, the nation must meet the following requirements:

1. The nation needs to have spent a majority of the last 60 days as either a resident of Yggdrasil or Valhalla, or an active member of either region's leadership and/or Defense Service.

2. The nation must not be permanently banned from both regions.

A request by a nation that just joined the Yggdrasil/Valhalla union that month (or day) will be ignored. However, if that nation stays in Yggdrasil/Valhalla and tries again after sticking around at least a month, it'll gain a spot on my map.

Any nation to stay on the map must continue to meet those requirements. Any nation that publicly requests to leave the map, either here or on the regional message board, will be removed from it.

Requests will mainly be first come first serve, but can still allow for some flexibility. For example, if two nations specifically want the north pole, I'm giving it to the one who asked for it first. However, if the first nation wants either the north pole or south pole and doesn't care which, that nation will get the south pole while the second nation gets the north.

A nation-sized neutral zone will be centered where the prime meridian and equator cross over. No nations may be placed there.

At any time, you may make a request to change the location or other situations of your place in the map.

Those of you who have already sent a request on where to be placed need not worry; your requests are logged so that I can look back at them as needed.

Thank you!

-Anon

Edited by Anon Zytose
Allowing Valhalla as well as Yggdrasil.
3 people like this

I would like to be on the mainland but near water and i want to have a large mountain range but mostly just mild hilly terrain and also if at all possible i want to have some dessert in my nation and could my climate be mild  thanks anon

Edited by the shadow republik
1 person likes this

I would like to be placed on the southern end of the planet I would also prefer that I was near water and some mountains in and around my nation would be nice. If it is possible I would also like a mild-hot climate.

Thanks ^_^

1 person likes this

I would like to be in the arctic circle with Abenwald on my western border. It would be great if we could share a mountain range as a border. Thanks so much!

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Skothafjordur said:

I would like to be in the arctic circle with Abenwald on my western border. It would be great if we could share a mountain range as a border. Thanks so much!

I second! But don't put Abenwald as the nation name for me - more details on this coming later ;)

3 people like this

Hello I would like to be placed just north of the Antarctic circle, in the ocean. There could be one or two major islands, surrounded by an archipelago. Just west of the meridian. Thanks.

1 person likes this

I would like to be placed in a mountainous area, where it is high enough for rain to fall and trees to grow,  around north of the equator for it to be cold enough like in Russia, I prefer to be in touch of 2 certain types of ground, the 1st being grassy plain lands and the 2nd nearby the ocean.

note: I'm ok with anyone being beside my borders, just don't make me alone plz

Edited by Miriliarith
1 person likes this

I would like to be placed in the South preferably on the coast. If possible , make me a neighbour of Serjo with a mountain range separating our two nations.

2 people like this

I intend for Sternberg to be placed within the world's relative North - North-West at approx. 80+ degrees latitudally away from the Equator (at cartographer's discretion, if space is available or if position is dependant on further information listed below).

The North and North-West border of Sternberg sits roughly on the tail-end of a very high, artic-like mountain range, with the remainder of the nation sweeping away to the South and East. Much of Sternberg's five major areas rests on Nordic-like tundra, with the exceptions including the blasted and once war-wracked centeral band of land (on which the ruins of the Old Capital and the Imperium's current underground capital both rest) and the richer agricultural and blacksoil lands that rest along the nation's Southernmost area. If possible, I would also prefer if the extreme East of Sternberg rests on either a nearby ocean or - if not possible - part of a a river artery.

Edited by Sternberg
1 person likes this

On 5/19/2016 at 1:17 PM, Skothafjordur said:

Alright, the update is here!

Yes, I still request to be Skothafjordurs neighbor, as I am to his west, and he to my east, the mountain range is in agreement.

If on my western border there is open land, I request to also have mountains upon the western border, the Brasbourg mountains I am calling them.

If there is no land to my western border, that is fine too.

I would also appreciate an island on any compass direction of my nation, this will be home to one my five national regions.

I don't have much else to request as I am open to whatever you give me. preferably plains or Taiga ;)

Edited by Eurasia (GDG)
1 person likes this

If I could get a smallish island roughly 14° either way from the equator, that would be great. Ideally, we'd have a small inclination for drainage purposes, but I'm not too picky on that.

1 person likes this

I would like to request the south pole. I don't need much territory since I'm only going to use it for a massive space tower and a huge port of some sort.

1 person likes this

I would like to request my country to be placed near north pole or any area having both mountains and sea, farmland and trees, lakes and beaches with few forests

In short: any cool area with long winters which can be eco friendly with tourism (like Scandinavian countries)

1 person likes this

can i be on a floating archipelago with a cascading waterfall and a thriving city on the largest island in the far, VERY far North?

Edited by Gravitonia
1 person likes this

On 4/26/2017 at 5:33 AM, Republic of Newlands said:

I would like to request my country to be placed near north pole or any area having both mountains and sea, farmland and trees, lakes and beaches with few forests

In short: any cool area with long winters which can be eco friendly with tourism (like Scandinavian countries)

On 4/26/2017 at 0:52 PM, Gravitonia said:

can i be on a floating archipelago with a cascading waterfall and a thriving city on the largest island in the far, VERY far North?

I'll see what I can do. However, I should warn you both, along with those making future requests, that the far north is becoming a bit crowded.

I 'd like to request Dardona to have the Tropic of Cancer runs across her with long coast stretching from north to south and vast land area in the north eastern region (something like Chile and Bolivia combined). If possible, I want fertile land for agriculture, river, lush pine forests and high mountain range. Thanks

1 person likes this