plan of attack  

25 members have voted

1. 1. which plan?

• Attack plan Gungnir
    • Attack plan Valkyrie
    • Attack plan Asgard
    • Attack plan Fenrir
    • Other(state below)

I think we should prioritize people who have posted in this thread and the people that post in the RMB during the event.

I'd vote against that and that's why:

The nations who posted in this thread may SUDDENLY be barely-alive nations who do not really participate in the RMB. Exactly like me.

I'd vote against that and that's why:

The nations who posted in this thread may SUDDENLY be barely-alive nations who do not really participate in the RMB. Exactly like me.

That's a good point. I'd say we should do a triage like system, all else equal we try to help people posting in the RMB and in this thread before completely silent people. But yeah we shouldn't waist all our resources on people who won't survive or will be a huge drain on resources to get them to survive.

Should all nations involved in this endeavor change our nations classification to some form of spooky?

I like this idea. I just added spooky to my nation classification.

Edited by Chevaux de Frise

Imperious Reporting!

Understanding the anatomy of zombies is important. The only way to permanently kill a member of the Undead Horde is to: Burn the body or kill the brain. As I said before in an earlier press conference; "Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them, it gets up and kills! The people it kills get up and kill!!" No matter how we kill these zombies, there will be more civilian casualties and structure damage! I will not stand for these plans, that's why I'm proposing Operation: Clint Eastwood. This is a plan where first, all dead bodies are exterminated to prevent infection. Next, we manufacture a special gas only harmful to the genetic identity of a zombie, and drop it in capsules from planes and jets. No civilian casualties, no millions dollars in structure damage and no millions of dollars and years spent on national and regional reconstruction.

Just to clarify: even if I just exterminate my own zombies and not develop the cure - can I count myself as a member of SPOOKY, if I want to join? Or I don't undertand something?

1. GRO - Our founder, GRO, should probably be priority number 1

2. Aa Megami-sama - Founder's second nation

3. South Titania - Delegate should be next priority

4. Chevaux de Frise *I swear this isn't favoritism. I'm fourth biggest, really.

5. Vrolondia

6. Canadian Davsland

7. Chiang Lung

8. Emperryean

9. Solskin

10. NeoPacificus

11. Tzarsgrad

12. Galmorra

13. Elke and Elba

14. Allemeine

15. Veilmaliam

16. Robbonia

17. Renko

18. Madostan

19. Space Neoks

20. Royal Imperious

21. New Shy Guyia

22. Temia

23. The Greater Maltan Empire

24. Xunlandia

25. The Shining Needle

I made a list with links to the nations of everyone who has posted in this thread. I ordered it by population since that seems to be the general plan as of now. I also added GRO to this list even though he hasn't posted in the thread.

Here's the link to generate all the biggest in Yggdrasil : http://nsdossier.texasregion.net/main.aspx?region=yggdrasil

Click on population to order it by population.

*I will be updating this if more people post in this thread

Another thing of note, the event starts at 10pm GMT (forum server time) on October 30th. Here are a couple time zones for when it starts:

October 30:

12 PM Hawaii

3 PM PST

5 PM CST

11 PM UK

October31:

3:30 AM India

6 AM Singapore

9 AM AUSEDT

So if greatest leader ever, Putin of Galmorra, wishes to join the ZomZom Alliance and spread undead civilization, he would not be welcome? :yggsmiley:

Putin happens to believe that every person has the right to be undead if they wish to be. :valsmiley:

Here's something I found out from Texas:

My question:

When sending cure missiles to help a nation, does more cure missiles mean faster recovery? (In which case multiple nations should help a single nation) Or does it make no difference (In which case one nation should only help one other nation)

Texas Answer

You are so welcome! Actually unless Max has changed something from last year, it's actually a case of the more the merrier! Depending on how many helpers you get and if you have multiple nations that are really hurting, you could divide them off into what we called "Cure Teams" until things are under control for those folks then gang up on the rest of everyone else.

I actually had a silly idea that some nations could actually coordinate with the NS admins, and act as focal points for the ZomZom hordes. I wonder which admin I should ask that about. Perhaps Euroslavia, since he is a Global Moderator :cheers2:

Zombies are hard to kill, not because they're physically tough, but they always group up and can produce quickly. The Kozakk Wall is able to keep zombies out of our capital Du'vaal, but not for long. I'm not ready for any structural damage due to the amount of ancient and expensive buildings in Imperious.

:yggsmiley: The Greater Maltan Empires military is on standby, though we're currently developing futuristic pewpew weapons for space I hope we can still be of assistance. -Totally isn't actively retreating the entire government to space.-

Now if we launched missiles and dropped bombs on nations with the most zombies... Then there we go. I think we should line our borders with very large guns, forts, soldiers, and have planes patrolling the skies. I'm declaring a War on The Undead, and we're gonna win.

4qnydHD.jpg

T9xrFpZ.jpg

The Imperial Royal Armed Forces have began Operation: House of Wolves. We're mass-burning dead bodies, quarantining and mass-murdering the sick, arming our forts, and sending out soldiers. No undead are getting in, or out...

Edited by Imperious

:yggsmiley: Long live our righteous region! :yggsmiley:

Anywho, thanks to Solskin for pointing this thread out to my blind self. I think I'll focus on the cure, seeing how my education far surpasses my defense spending. Afterwards, I'll probably focus on the more heavily infected areas of the region. Also, does anyone know if cure missile's effects stack? If not, we should probably coordinate or something.

:yggsmiley: Long live our righteous region! :yggsmiley:

Anywho, thanks to Solskin for pointing this thread out to my blind self. I think I'll focus on the cure, seeing how my education far surpasses my defense spending. Afterwards, I'll probably focus on the more heavily infected areas of the region. Also, does anyone know if cure missile's effects stack? If not, we should probably coordinate or something.

I believe they do, and we're focusing the larger nations first (Priority on SPOOKY members, because then we guarantee participation)

Increasing my education so should help.

So can someone breakdown for me what happens over these 36 hours, I am new to the Zombie thing. How do we send our missiles to specific nations?

This seems to be the best Write up on Z-Day I've seen. I stole it from philosophy 115, who must have got it from somewhere else.

How to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse

By The Governor The Stalker

I. Begin Reaching the Cure ASAP! Ideally you're gonna wanna be online for Z day as close to the start as possible, and begin researching the cure. Z day runs for 36 hours, so if you arrive within the first 12 hrs you should research the cure.

Cure stages

1) Research begun

2) Some early promising results

3) Potential antibodies discovered

4) Live prototypes developed

5) Developed; some distribution issues

6) Partially deployed

7) Distributing to infected

The longer you research the Cure, the more "cure points" your nation will accumulate.

Nations gain 1 cure point per million survivors per round that you've had the "Research Cure" option activated.

The larger your nation is the more effective you'll be in researching the cure.

***When curing nations, it's best to start by curing small nations first, a nation of 5 million only takes 5 cure missiles. Once a nation is fully cured it rarely gets infected again, making them good foundations in reducing the over all infection level within the region.

II. Mobilize your Military if you arrive late to Z day! If you get here late, less than 24 hrs remain the military may be a better option. Short term killing them is more effective and can keep you afloat at the cost of a high death rate. We wanna keep deaths at a minimum as we will eventually be able to cure Zombies, no bringing the dead back. If enough of our people survive we might make the Z Day Score Board!

Last year's Z Day Score Board

(Last year going pro-zombie we were 17th most infected!)

III. To survive, we'll need a healthy combination of both researching the cure and military defense. If most people do the cure from the start and then have just enough people doing the military option to keep the number of zombies down to prevent them over running us, we will survive Z day. If you have multiple nations in Hell, you may wanna do both options, you can also switch options later on as well.

IV. Don't Export Zombies!! As a region we've decided to see if we can survive Z day, if you choose the join the Zombies option you will hinder our effectiveness and likely annoy me. Elders will get a pass, WAs and regular posters will get scolded, random unknown puppets who do it risk getting ejected. So please don't spoil our fun.

If you particularly wanna join the Zombies, make use of a secondary nation and attack Hell's opponents.

Check out Zombieland for all your pro-Zombie fun. Help our score by lowering others!

V. Important note! Do not leave Hell on Z day! I know many people move in and out of their region on Z day, but Hell is passworded, if you leave it will be a pain to bring you back and may take awhile to do. So please do not leave the region, use a secondary nation.

VI. You can attack with multiple nations at a time!! Yes, what many people don't realize is, you can log into one nation per internet browser.

The three main ones being:

Google Chrome

Internet Explorer

Mozilla Firefox

Log into a different nation on each one, line them up side by side on your screen and you can rotate between the three. While one is cool downing down, you can attack with another.

Hammering away with three or more nations will greatly increase your effectiveness. This will also allow you to participate in multiple regions, and a chance to fight the Zombies on one nation while joining the Zombies on another.

Now you're ready to...

KILL THEM ALL!!!

...well then, it seems pretty much everything is sorted out. To bad for me that I will be at work once the attack starts. I might be able to choose the issue from my phone though.

Oh, love the Halloween theme by the way :3

Edited by NeoPacificus

GRO

NeoPacificus

Vrolondia

New Shy Guyia

Chevaux de Frise

Robbonia

Madostan

Renko

Temia -Military

Allemeine

Davsland

Chianglung

Xunlandia

South Titania

Solskin

Emperryean

Imperious

Veilmaliam

Galmora (?)

Elke and Elba

The Shining Needle

The Greater Maltan Empires

Tzarsgrad

Space Nekos

Total: 24 S.P.O.O.K.Y kooks [7% total Yggdrasil population]

Attack Plan: GUNGNIR

Primary CURE, with MILITARY support (Looks like roughly 1/4 ratio). If in doubt, choose CURE.

Focus MEDIUM - SMALL, and S.P.O.O.K.Y nations first, the bigger nations will last longer and be harder to cure. If in doubt, choose a friend!

Edited by Vrolondia

Been crunching the numbers, I have worked out that S.P.O.O.K.Y members make up around 9-10% of the population of Yggdrasil. Silent nations (inactive a week or more) account for around 35-36% and I estimate that the percentage of nations that are running (2 days or less) and are not part of S.P.O.O.K.Y is around 35%. Might be an idea to mail the entire region to see what everyone plans to do.

(Note that these figures are based of approx estimation of actual population of nations as opposed to actual numbers of nations, these figures as noted are...)

SPOOKY 7%

Silent 33%

Active non Spooky 40-45%%

I will be able to rest in my presidential estate much more easily knowing better what that 40-45% are planning.

Edited by Robbonia