Welcome to The Realm

Welcome to our forum! Like most online communities you must register to view or post. But don't worry, this is a simple process that requires minimal information and effort. When registering, please use your Nation name from NS as your Display name.

Thank you.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeoPacificus

Counter Zombie Yggdrasil center

plan of attack   25 members have voted

1. 1. which plan?

• Attack plan Gungnir
    • Attack plan Valkyrie
    • Attack plan Asgard
    • Attack plan Fenrir
    • Other(state below)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
60 posts in this topic

Good day fellow denizens of Yggdrasil. As you may have heard it is almost Halloween. Usually during this time on Nationstates we are attacked by zombies.

The fastest way to reduce the number of infected in your nation is to turn the military against them. This converts infected citizens into dead citizens.

The infected can spread between nations within the same region. In very infectious regions, it may become impossible for nations to hold off the zombies via military force alone.

Several regions have managed to contain the outbreak by having multiple nations research a cure. When only a small minority do research, however, this appears less successful.

Due to our need to be awesome and be the best region ever. I have requested the creation of a special protection operatives by organized kombatants of Yggdrasil aka S.P.O.O.K.Y. Our directive is to ensure complete(or as much as possible) cleansing of zombies or other infection while keeping a civilian casualties to a minimum. It is said that the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won. Which is why we should have a plan of attack.

These plan take under the precedence(except for Fenrir) that nations develop Cure missiles. Even if you don't plan on joining S.P.O.O.K.Y you can simple “go with the flow” please help us on doing our best to make this region zombie free.

Attack plan Gungnir- All S.P.O.O.K.Y nations shall concentrate all their cure missile fire at one nation at a time. The most populated shall be targeted first.

Attack plan Valkyrie- All S.P.O.O.K.Y nations shall concentrate all their cure missile fire at one nation at a time. The most infected shall be targeted first.

Attack plan Asgard- All S.P.O.O.K.Y nations shall target nations with similar population levels. This way cure zombie levels shall fall in even proportion to each other.

Attack plan Fenrir- All S.P.O.O.K.Y nations shall used combat squads to kill zombies therefore freeing the nation of zombies by turning them into dead people.

A few things to think about

1. Keep the RMB up to date on your nation(ICC) this keeps things fun.

2. If you have puppets consider temporarily moving them to another region so we don't have to cure them too.

3. This is aimed at our delegate and founder. Consider a lock up(at the time when zombies are present) of the region to keep jerks from entering and filling us with zombies. Should these jerks already be in our region we can simply cure bomb them until they have no more zombies. (we rarely ever get to go into emergency mode so this can be fun)

open to discussion feel free to ask any question!

Edited by NeoPacificus

:valsmiley: S.P.O.O.K.Y op Vrolondia, reporting for duty! :yggsmiley:

Yggdrasil won't fall to the zombie menace this time! (Unless it's TSA)

Edited by Vrolondia

But I wanna be a zombie and bite people! Mostly GRO though.. a chance for me to really nibble o her wings!

:yggsmiley: S.P.O.O.K.Y op Shy Guy also reporting for duty! :10kismiley:

As a member of Special Helpers Yggdrasil and Guys United in Yggdrasil aka S.H.Y.G.U.Y is here to help the special protection operatives by organized kombatants of Yggdrasil.

Edited by New Shy Guyia

So maybe if we get a few more people to sign up we can be more effective. Has anyone else have anything else to add, like something they noticed last zombie attack that I never covered?

But I wanna be a zombie and bite people! Mostly GRO though.. a chance for me to really nibble o her wings!

No! We can't risk dear leader getting ebola.

Yeah let's bring'em down! Chevaux de Frise reporting for service.

I like 3, it would be cool if locked our region during the event.

The Union of Robbonia is on standby.

I agree, number 3 is vital, you can guarantee there will be at least a few jerks wanting to mess with us.

Okay good new everyone---> http://www.nationstates.net/page=news

So now we have five nations here we can do something!

NeoPacificus

Vrolondia

New Shy Guyia

Chevaux de Frise

Robbonia

It's pretty much decided that Attack plan Gungnir is our plan.

Here is a list of nations ranked from highest population---> http://i.imgur.com/hM8xZAE.png

As you can see we'll be busy but now we have a little extra time this time!

Though there is a slight problem. Cure missile strikes are directionally proportional to number of survivors. If we simply initiate attack plan Gungnir then we will soon run out of steam. Any thoughts on how to overcome this? We could simply ask non S.P.O.O.K.Y. members to cure us. Or we could cure each other first then go by the plan. Any other ideas?

As pertaining to the lockdown of the region I'll Tele South Titania and GRO

Edited by NeoPacificus

I am highly suspicious that participating in this is going to violate my religious beliefs. :sadangel: where can I go to opt out?

Seems like I finally have to join here.

The Renkian Empire reports for duty. Though extermination my own damn citisens seems like a valid choise for me.

Since I have literally NO education spending, I'll focus on extermination of zombies. Not sure how this works though. Do you just log in like normal and choose options for extermination?

This is how it works: Your population will be divided into three classifications - survivors, infected and dead. You will get a special issue about the apocalypse giving you the option to either kill the infected to stop it spreading, export the infected off to other nations, cure the infected or join them and infect other nations. You can only kill/cure/infect other nations, though, so you have to have each other's backs to survive. I do think choosing an option has an effect on your own nation, but it's only minimal - I'm not sure if this is correct, however. Text taken from the NS Forum.

I think we should prioritize people who have posted in this thread and the people that post in the RMB during the event. Then go after the biggest populations.

The military of Davsland is on stand by and ready to help in operation to fight the zombies. We also support Attack plan Gungnir, that is the best option of choice.

Well with a 51.3% in def looks like I am suited for the military route.

Looks like my soldiers have a lot of zombie killing to do.

Solskin shall endeavour to support the anti-zombie efforts by throwing its 30% Education budget into the research.

Hopefully the government will wake up to the menace as early as possible.

Our Healthcare budget is for some reason only 1% though - is Healthcare relevant?

Greetings all,

Despite the supreme might of our military with our orbital and time shifting defense capabilities, The WInter Soldier - the one and only true leader of Emperryean, recognises the need for a cure and we will redirect all available resources to learn and discover with our brothers. We will fulfill role and be a part of the regional defense strategy to save us all.

Death to the undead. Let the turtles eat the carcasses of all those who oppose us.

We believe that w/o full region cooperation, brother Chevaux de Frise speaks wisely in suggesting that we first protect the active, and only then seek out and savevthe largest populations.

Edited by Emperryean

Since this event will take 36 hours I have decided to have two other coordinators of SPOOKY. Both nations are well respected and have been here longer then I. So without further delay Vrolondia and Chevaux de Frise are coordinators.

I presume you all have read GRO'S telegram. So I think it would be best to change our plan a bit to more work with GRO's.

Targeting active and SPOOKY nations first would be smarter. Then the more larger nations.

I think we should prioritize people who have posted in this thread and the people that post in the RMB during the event. Then go after the biggest populations.

I agree perhaps we can make a new list with active nations. Though the problem is that most nations here have a high military rate and are probably going to be exterminators(myself included) I wonder how could we factor them in. Perhaps sending them to the lesser active nations? OR a combo with cure nations to support Gungnir ver.2?

Well seeing as I have no military funding i will be working on the cure. Would it possibly be smart to boot out inactive nations, they are only going to cause us more harm than good.