Sign in to follow this  
The Deltorian Empire

Cartography

So since I am making the maps I need to get some input from the crowd. I would like to state, firstly, that I would like to name the actual planet which will hold our roleplay Alecia. This is simply because I like the name and it also honors an important person in my life. It was the name I chose for the world when I began my project prior to being contacted by GRO. Although, if others disagree on this name I understand, and we can open it to suggestions. One ground rule though, it will not be called Earth nor Terra. This map will not be earth and Terra is too overused. As stated before, I'd like to use Alecia.

Of course I will be including Valhalla in some part of the world. I intend for the map to have a major supercontinent with a couple other continents. I believe the supercontinent would work best being called Valhalla. As for names of continents, regions, mountains, rivers, seas, oceans, etc., I'd like some input. All names work provided that they do not use any special characters (ä, for example). You guys can work together to produce and refine the various names.

-Delt

Terra would certainly not be fitting, as it is Latin for Earth.

Norse for earth is Jǫrðin, in Swedish, Danish or Norwegian it's Jorden.

I'll come up with a list of norse-derived names and see if you like any of them. I'll anglicize them to avoid Norse symbols like ð, þ, ǫ, Ð.

Could the words "Silver Phaetona or Silver Phaetonia or Silver Phaetonland) " and "Xebeca or Xebecia" be added to the map somewhere? Those were very old nations in Valhalla pre-refound.

We now have our next continent: http://oi59.tinypic.com/2zp0cqa.jpg

What are your opinions?

To me it looks like there are far too many islands, particularly between the two continents. To fit my sense of realistic geography, I think at least 3/4 of them should go.

As I'm not involved, feel free to ignore this!