Sign in to follow this  
Alyekra

Inaugural address

Greetings, citizens of Yggdrasil. This is my first address as Chancellor of Yggdrasil and it will not be my last.

These have been troubling times for us. On the first of December we hit a record low population (or, at least, as low as I remember) of 95 members and we are now at a meager 98, a great fall for what was once among the largest regions in the world.

Inactivity has left our sister regions are vulnerable. Brethren, inactivity has left us vulnerable. TreeFall demonstrated that inactivty not only threatens our population, but the very security of our home! We are in the midst of a Ragnarok, a great battle against the forces of inactivity and the enemies of our principals upon which the fates of the World Tree hangs in the balance. To lose this battle is to lose the years of history behind this region, a loss we can not, under any circumstances, afford.

Therefore I am setting in motion the following policies which, with your help, can combat the inactivity that threatens to destroy us.

• Canadian Davsland will be replacing me as Foreign Minister. I am instructing him to start a embassy thread in the gameplay subforum and to update it fairly regularly. I am encouraging allow citizens to participate in writing the updates by allowing them to submit articles for posting.

• I am taking the position that an active military is a powerful tool for recruitment and activity, and I would like to encourage the Yggdrasil Defense Force to execute training operations in the warzones. This is outside my constitutional power as Chancellor and I will be taking it to the council for a vote before I make an official recommendation.

• I will soon begin work on the Family Trees of Yggdrasil. After I compile them I will ask Temi if he is up to the task of maintaining them. If not, I will continue to do it myself until I can find someone to whom I can entrust the responsibility.

Of course, I am always open to ideas. With your help, we can restore our region to its' former glory!

I'd be willing to help with the Family Tree, and as an active member of the YDS I'm always willing to participate in whatever R/D I can.

Same here, throw something at me and I'll do what I can.

*Edit*

Wait, why Davsland? He hasn't been active in months before the election rolled around, and Foreign Minister is kind of an important job

Edited by Vrolondia

Same here, throw something at me and I'll do what I can.

*Edit*

Wait, why Davsland? He hasn't been active in months before the election rolled around, and Foreign Minister is kind of an important job

I agree, we need to have a consensus on this Alyekra. Davsland's activity only spikes when its election season or when someone actually reminds him of his duties. I've seen it before, and urge you to reconsider.