Sign in to follow this  
Temi

The Yggdrasil Statue Act

The Yggdrasil Statue Act

In order to commerate the history of this Yggdrasil, and the countries that reside within in it I herby place this motion.

I.
A.In order to remember the vast history of Yggdrasil and the many individuals who helped develop it into one of the oldest and influential regions, I call for the creation of a botanical garden.
Within this garden any nation will be able to place their mark on Yggdrasil and at the same time honor their country and the the ambassador who represented their country.

B. In order for the construction to be possible, I ask for two acres of land be set aside for it's construction.

II.
A.In order to cover the cost of such a prestigious project, we ask that all countries set aside a meager donation in order to raise the neccesary funds for the construction of garden.

B.The Statues shall be constructed in within the a counties own nation, and can be designed however they want.
C. More than one statue can be constructed and placed within the gardens
D.Any materials can be used in the construction of the statue as long as it is not harmful to the plants.

Edited by Temi

Interesting proposal, but two things need improvement:

1: I'm not sure what the purpose of the garden is exactly, make that more clear.

2: .5% of the Alyekrii GDP is about 66 billion dollars. You can't possibly need that much for a two acre garden.

Edited by Alyekra

A small, stringy women with short blond hair and amber eyes hesitantly raises her hand

Hello... Um...

She learns forward to read the name tag

Eros... Temi T. Hamlett XIII? Did I pronounce correct? My apologies, I am not good with language.

Where will this garden be located? Do you have an idea for the plant life? I hope for roses.

But Eros Aysko makes good point, yes? Many money for statues are not needed.

She mumbles something in Geldi, and it becomes apparent her concept of the English language is abysmal.

Tomorrow, I get translation. No more talk.

Edited by Vrolondia

A small, stringy women with short blond hair and amber eyes hesitantly raises her hand

Hello... Um...

She learns forward to read the name tag

Eros... Temi T. Hamlett XIII? Did I pronounce correct? My apologies, I am not good with language.

Where will this garden be located? Do you have an idea for the plant life? I hope for roses.

But Eros Aysko makes good point, yes? Many money for statues are not needed.

She mumbles something in Geldi, and it becomes apparent her concept of the English language is abysmal.

Tomorrow, I get translation. No more talk.

I thought we'd just distribute the two acres evenly among member nations. :P

Indeed these are some good questions. So i'll be sure to do a good job answering them.

First would be the purpose of this garden. The Purpose would be to have a way to remember Yggdrasil ever growing population. It would also honor people who have done a lot for this region. Like the ambassador from the country of Canadian Davesland.

The second question would be on the expense of the garden. Indeed 66 billion billion, would be quite expensive, however this is a one time payment. Moreover in regards to the gardens construction, No expense should be spared as this will be a garden of Honor. More over the the remaining money will be there specifically for the maintenance of the garden and the erection of future statues.

As far as the plant life is concerned shall vary. with the center statue, a golden one of our founder, being surrounded by an exotic plants from each of Yggdrasil nations.

This would be the motion in a updated format.

I.

A.In order to remember the vast history of Yggdrasil and the many individuals who helped develop it into one of the oldest and influential regions, I call for the creation of a botanical garden.

Within this garden any nation will be able to place their mark on Yggdrasil and at the same time honor their country and the the ambassador who represented their country.

B. In order for the construction to be possible, I ask for four acres of land be set aside for it's construction.

C. The theme of the garden shall be unity through independence.

II.

A.In order to cover the cost of such a prestigious project, we ask that all countries set aside a meager 0.4 % of their GDP in order to raise the neccesary funds for the construction of garden, and for future maintenance.

B.The Statues shall be constructed in within the a counties own nation, and can be designed however they want.

C. More than one statue can be constructed and placed within the gardens

D.Any materials can be used in the construction of the statue as long as it is not harmful to the plants.

E. Each nation shall send in one specific plant from their nation in order to help show how we are all united despite being independent.

Edited by Temi

The second question would be on the expense of the garden. Indeed 66 billion billion, would be quite expensive, however this is a one time payment. Moreover in regards to the gardens construction, No expense should be spared as this will be a garden of Honor. More over the the remaining money will be there specifically for the maintenance of the garden and the erection of future statues.

I don't think you understand how big a billion is.

As I said, it's a one time payment deal, to which the money will forever carryover to care taking the garden. The yearly cost of the constant amount of water, care taking, and other misc. type things needed for care taking should always be considered. Also this garden is expected to stand as a monument of out greatness and stand the test of time. In order for this to happen, I want a large sum of money at the ready in case it needs repairs or expansions.

Moreover, in spirit of good debating, I will have to ask that you refrain from outside linking.

But 66 billion dollars from just the one nation would pay for construction (which would not exceed 50 million dollars - and even then that is a vast overestimation) AND it would cover costs for pretty much forever. The Botanical Gardens near my house are on a 5 HA squared plot of land and has upkeep, staff costs, new plants, maintenance and free admission for all on a yearly budget of less than 5 million dollars. 0.5% from EVERY nation could just about fund an entire decade long war.

I think a better way of doing this, rather than setting down percentages which will mean some nations pay more and some less - often to ridiculous limits - would be to put down an actual number estimation, for example each nation be required to provide A few million dollars for construction, and then an annual cost based off of upkeep and maintenance etc.

...hmm after about two months of consideration, i have made some small motifications to the proposal, please look, and make suggestion.

Well it doesn't have to be an ambassador, just someone you feel is important, and is from your country.