Welcome to The Realm

Welcome to our forum! Like most online communities you must register to view or post. But don't worry, this is a simple process that requires minimal information and effort. When registering, please use your Nation name from NS as your Display name.

Thank you.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vrolondia

The Observer

71 posts in this topic

yggobs.jpg

Volume 3 | Issue 1 | Oct 05 2012 | Newsletter Editor: Vrolondia

worldassm.jpg

Resolution at vote: Repeal "Child Protection Act".

5 Yggdrasil nations voted For. Our delegate, Canadian Davsland, voted For.

Overall current votes For: 8,434 (84%)

Overall current votes Against: 1,425 (14%)

Resolution Repeal "Child Protection Act" succeeded, and was Implemented Oct 1, 2012 in all WA nations.

The Observer urges all of Yggdrasil's member nations to take part in the regular World Assembly polls whether you are a WA member or not - Canadian Davsland cannot represent the region properly if he does not know what the region wants.

recent_events.jpg

Yggdrasil Immigration Report

There was a fair bit of trouble through the month of August and September, when the Regional population hit a low of 205, even being kept up with minimal help from nations resurrecting from Lazarus. Midway through September Immigration increased slowly to the Regional norm of 240, and has been fairly stable this month, due almost entirely to our glorious dictator GRO. Where does she get the patience?

Right now we are sitting at 239 nations - the 31st most in the world.

Foreign Affairs

The month of September brought about the return of Flowering Staples, Diplomat and Founder of Liberty Alliance, back to our forums.

The month of August brought the newer nation Zevassa as our Emissary to 10K Islands. The Observer wishes her luck, and a hearty Welcome Back to Liberty Alliance!

Regional Defense Report

The YDS has been rather sleepy as of late, but the invasion of Yggdrasil's backup region lead to a skirmish with The Black Riders, who were subsequently kicked out by The Realm of GRO II. The skirmish had its repercussions, however... A small dissident band invaded the region of E Federation Knights, prompting the sleepy Yggdrasil Defense Service into action. Silvadus and Elici were the first on the scene, followed by the remaining members of the YDS, and a glorious victory was had.

The battle marked the first Battle Stars won for nations South Titania, Neo Pacificus, and Zevassa, all of whom proved their mettle on the battlefield. The battle also marked the 27th for Illumina Dei and 28th for Silvadus, wonderful benchmarks for us to strive for. Way to go guys!

Return of the Union

Word is out that The Yggdrasil Union, the much loved RP central in our region that has been dead for almost a year and a half, is getting a kick start to return to power, though for how long is anyone's guess. The Yggdrasil Union has been instrumental in RP since its founding June 8th, 2009, being the medium through which all RP moved through or originated, including the terraforming of Mars, as well as countless motions and treaties, including several wars and peace talks to quell them.

Word has it that the union may be getting many new powers, including those of proposing treaties, and alliances, trials, as well as constitutional changes - giving a voice to Non-WA nation who were historically barred from these activities.

What will the future hold for the Union? Who knows, but whether it soars or flops, it's bound to be quite the spectacle.

Regional Politics

Elections are in the air this month: The positions up for grabs are those of The Union Speaker and Development Minister.

For the Union Speaker we have Elici, long time member of Yggdrasil and former Union Member, and Zevassa, an up and coming star who can't stay out of the spotlight.

The Polls thus far are:

Elici - 0 Votes

Zevassa - 6 Votes.

Call me crazy, but I think its due in part by Elici's absence from the podium, while Zevassa has made every effort to explain her motives and answer questions.

Let that be a lesson to you: If your going to lie, do so often. May the best liar win!

Silvadus is running unopposed for the seat of Development Minister, with

4 - For

1 - Against

In other news, Political Parties are on the rise this month:

Alyekra's Autonomy Block was formed "Sometime last month", declaring each nation's individual sovereignty to be absolute,

while The Unity Party, originally formed by Silvadus - though now led by that dashing young man Vrolondia - believes that Unity is needed for the region to excel. The two sides have already started their campaigns of support, and only time will tell if the party system is meant to last in Yggdrasil.

carto.jpg

On an upbeat note, The months of August, September, and October have seen the return of 3 long time members of Yggdrasil: Elici, Illumina Dei, and Vinnlande, although on a darker note, it has also seen the destruction of our much beloved WookieO - Rest in peace, O great furry one - and Veilyonia, long time member of the region and forums. Both nations served as delegate for two terms or more, and will be sorely missed.

The Yggdrasil Regional Map has yet to be updated since early last month, although word has it that The Cartographer General is working on a shiney, new map.. If so, it will be well worth the wait! More news to come.

quotes.jpg

This is the part of the Observer where those with something to say can come right out and say it, whether it be an announcement, a plea or a rant. For this issue we have scoured the forums, searching for quotes to make you laugh, make you cry, perhaps to make you run and hide behind a cushion.

"I really should lock the doors to the room... , peeping-toms like Silvadus and Vrolondia interrupt us all too often" - South Titania

"Silvadus has way too many shiny medals. He should be... "donating" some of them , don't you agree? It'll make it easier on the eyes too." - South Titania

"These are beautiful. The World Assembly one almost made me a Federalist. " - Alyekra

"Banner: Y U No show in Firefox 18? EDIT: Works. Fascist ad-blocking rules kicked them out." - GSS. Tech Help Line

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elici would like everybody to know that he currently has an on-going RP: The Democratic War. if you wish to join, or wish to find out more, feel free to telegram him or follow this link to the thread.

We at The Observer believe that a strong RP culture is what defines regions: Kudos to Elici for starting one!

miscellany.jpg

A Strange Campaign

The month of July brought the usual senatorial campaign for the seats of Aesir and Vanir, both equal in the council.

When Alyekra, a small nation that recently immigrated to Yggdrasil, posted his intention to run for the seat of Vanir, it at first appeared he would be running unopposed.

Then, Marzovia posted his intent to run. The catch? He intended to have the only seat that was already claimed.

He then fought tooth and nail, in a campaign of plot holes and spelling errors, for a seat that would literally be win-win if he listened to what everybody told him.

He intended to win over the election with such gems as:

shing I Do Now Get Your Vote For The Senate, do not promise magic solutions, but I promise to Work, Effort, and the Ethics of so glorious a Community SERVE this! In Case's choice of a Senator will have a suggested Topics People Who Speak paragraph, give their opinions and advice.

And my favorite quote:

Dear competitor, nothing further from reality is wanting to look like a good boy like you said, secondly you can not nagar asked me to lower my candidacy, (would be a nonsense) in the desert perhaps this might not interpret well his proposal ....

To which Alyekra responded:

"You are incoherent, but you appear to be continuing to argue. I literally just wanted you to move your candidacy from here to here.

Of course, the Underlines in the quote were links from the Vanir Campaign to the Aesir Campaign.

All in all, Marzovia did end up finally running for Aesir instead; Although the results should speak for themselves:

Vanir: For Alyekra, 12

Against Alyekra, 2

Aesir: For Marzovia, 4

Against Marzovia, 6

That is correct; He lost against himself. Then again, he left the region mid-election without warning, and would hence have been ineligible for senator even if he had won.

Be sure to look out for Volume 3 | Issue 2 next month, Its bound to be out faster then this one was!

Edited by Vrolondia

Gotta admit. Never heard the word "Fascist" applied to ad-blockers.

Nice job, would you mind if I put it in a .pdf format?

It looks great! Just remember to run everything by a spell checker before you post it. Also, it was my 27th mission and Illumina Dei's 28th mission. :P

I look forward to future newsletters!

OOC: Fascist* in a computing environment means a whitelist-based policy. Like a corporate firewall blocking all ports but 80(HTTP), 443(HTTPS) and 25(SMTP), and even they are configured to only allow traffic to browsers. Of course such firewall should allow to pass ports to the OS updater, or a 3rd party update push system. Or a parental control program configured to block anything but an approved list of sites.

My adblocker works by blocking anything which has even a slight resemblance to advertisement. So as my whitelist-based firewall, privacy software, antivirus, ABE system, etc...

It looks great! Just remember to run everything by a spell checker before you post it. Also, it was my 27th mission and Illumina Dei's 28th mission. :P

I look forward to future newsletters!

The Foreign Affairs department will of course be running fine red pen through everything before we publish it for our friends and allies. It is posted here first mostly for your enjoyment, but also so factual corrections can be made if necessary.

On that note, please no PDFs of this version. :P

Thank you everybody for your kind words!

I will remember to put it through a spell checker next time- this was at 4am and I was extremly bored.

Also, The battle stars was my fault- I was going by muscle memory at this point, I knew it was around that number.

Once it gets the green light from Zybodia, feel free to put it in whatever files you like Alyekra

Zybodia, will you be going through this before we ask our emissaries to post?

I will be doing spelling and grammar, but not fact-checking, unless something is specifically brought to my attention like the 27/28/30 thing.

I went through and changed the star issue, added the date, and I was going to add the whole Eurotas challenging the consitution issue/ Alyekra and Marzovia's Campaign battle, maybe even mine and ST appointments to the council, but unfortunatly I can't due to personal issues untill monday.

Would you be willing to give me a few days so that I can double check my facts and add a bit more in?

There are several spelling and grammar issues which I am clearing up.

I started yesterday, and then the Observer got longer while I was working on it. :P

haha, I'm sorry! The news just keeps pouring in!

Now we got the results of the election, GRO becoming delegate of 10K Islands and Eurotas's debates I still need to put in...

I'll just save all that for next month, that way I'll have something for it. Oh, and you can finish, that too. :P

Sorry, Zybodia cleaned it up already; I thought he edited my post. I'l just copy from the telegram

*Updated*

And now we are clear for takeoff!

Edited by Vrolondia

Yeah , a good read this newsletter. Though I still think Vrolondia's and my appointments should be mentioned in this newsletter instead of next month , as our appointments ran parallel to the Election of the Century.

yggobs.jpg

Volume 3 | Issue 2 | Nov 06 | Newsletter Editor: Vrolondia

worldassm.jpg

Recently at vote: Repeal "Assistance Givers Protection"

Votes For: 9,744 (91%)

Votes Against: 1,004 (9%)

Resolution Repeal "Assitance Givers Protection" was implemented Nov 6, 2012 in all WA nations.

recent_events.jpg

Immigration

Yggdrasil is currently riding on the slow side; sitting below the regional norm of 240, and resting easily on 230 for the month of October.

Once again, our glorious GRO is the only one recruiting, but despite this the slow, although steady, immigration of nations has resulted in a slight increase of forums activity; especially in The lounge, and Fun and Games section.

The Observer urges all nations, for the good of the region, to promote recruitment!

Currently, we sit at 230 nations, the 36th most in the world.

Foreign Affairs

There has been a steady increase of 10K Island activity in the regional forums; particularly that of Mayor Shelter, a 10K island Knight, and current Mayor of Taco Island.

Our sources tell us that we "have a beautiful forum", particularly the recent Halloween Skin.

Regional Politics

It has recently come to our attention that the nations Vrolondia and South Titania were recently appointed positions in the Council, specifically in the months of August and September respectively.

Vrolondia was appointed to the position of Senator under the seat of Aesir, while South Titania was appointed to the position of Interior Minister.

Both have been fundamental to the Council since their appointing.

The Glorious Goddess Strikes Again!

Our Lovely GRO's TITO account Anime Daisuki, has been Elected as the Regional Delegate for 10'000 Islands.

She was Elected 41 Days ago, and currently has 799 Endorsements.

The Observer would like to let all members reading this to Endorse your Delegate, and all 10K Islanders not to forget to worship her Fuzzy Pink Socks-

Lest you feel the Templar's Wrath!

ns_spot.jpg

The Shining Cartel of South Titania

“Your money is safe with us...Honest!”

The Shining Cartel of South Titania is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by an Anti-Squirrel with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed population of 8.885 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

quotes.jpg

In this part of The Observer, people who have something can come out and say it; a Job Opportunity, a Shout out to a friend, anything.

This month, we scoured the Forums for some Silly, Zany, or Thought Provoking Quotes!

"The Great Tree's roots are weak as a result of corruption." - Eurotas

"New Kaiburg you should !! :bear: See even bear agrees" - Goddess Relief Office

"That bear, it almost reminds me of... - actually, forget I said anything" - South Titania

"Where's my cake gone?" - Flowering Staples

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would just like to remind everyone that we must work together to increase immigration, and as such forum activity!

If you would like more information, feel free to browse the Ministry of Immigration, located within the Government Hall.

Be sure to look out for Volume 3 | Issue 3 next month, Its bound to be quite the spectacle!

Edited by Vrolondia

was originally going to put the debate in, but again, I didn't have time.

maybe later tonight I'll sit down and get to it

Thanks for the support everyone :thumbsup:

Next article should be on the 5th again

yggobs.jpg

Volume 3 | Issue 3 | Dec 06 | Newsletter Editor: Vrolondia

worldassm.jpg

Currently at vote: Spacecraft Accountability

Votes For: 232 (34%)

Votes Against: 454 (66%)

Voting for Resolution Spacecraft Accountability ends: in 3 days 22 hours

Among Yggdrasil residents, voting is currently 0-1 (100% Against).

Our Delegate, CanadianDavsland, is currently Undecided.

recent_events.jpg

Immigration

Immigration has gone into a sharp decline lately, going from 230 in the month of November to the current 197, the 41st in the world.

The Observer urges all nations, for the good of the region, to promote recruitment! Our lovely GRO can't do it all on her own!

Regional Politics

It’s that time of year again! Elections are in the air, and the sweet smell of voting booths line Yggdrasils halls.

The Senatorial seats of Aesir and Vanir are currently up for grabs, and three nations have come to pick up the spotlight

For Vanir, Alyekra is currently running alone, with 7 for and 1 Against.

For Aesir, The Pacistien Republic (Also known as Tpac, or Temi on the forums) has challenged Vrolondia, the previous Senator.

The current polls are Temi 3, Vrolondia 6

Return of the Oldies

Two old nations have recently revived from Osiris; Black and Gold, and Ruperts.

Both nations have been around for years, and we would like to give them a hearty welcome back!

Another older nation that has come back to us is that of Bears Rearmed. I distinctly remember him being around in 2009, though wasn't very active on the forums. Welcome back to him too!

ns_spot.jpg

The Most Serene Republic of The Pacistien Republic

“Si Vis Pacem , Para Bellum”

The Most Serene Republic of The Pacistien Republic is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 234 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

quotes.jpg

In this part of The Observer, people who have something can come out and say it; a Job Opportunity, a Shout out to a friend, anything.

This month, we decided to try something different and give you some quotes about family, with the oncoming of Christmas.

"Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten." - David Ogden Stiers

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. " - George Burns

“What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” - Mother Teresa

"There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child." - Erma Bombeck

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, I would like to take this time to let everyone know it depends on all of us to make this region great; And we can start with Immigration!

If you would like more information, feel free to browse the Ministry of Immigration, located within the Government Hall.

Be sure to look out for Volume 3 | Issue 4 next month, Yay, New Years!

Edited by Vrolondia

Yeah i got the spot light :Jumpy:

Thank You Vrolondia

Edited by Temi