Sign in to follow this  
Zybodia

Press Tower

PressTower.jpg

Located in clear view of the basketball, hockey, baseball, and football venues, the Press Tower is the centre for press from all across the NS world to write and share stories about CASEY. In addition, the Zybodian national newspaper, the Zyramphon, will publish press releases every day or two throughout the tournament for free release around the NS world.

Admission to the tower is limited to those with press credentials, as well as heads of state and visiting dignitaries. Credentials are available to any publications that desire them, though publications that share their articles for the public benefit will receive offices with a better view. The top five levels are reserved for the various official dignitaries we expect to see at this exhibition; though they are invited to mingle with the crowds elsewhere if they so choose, we recognize that many dignitaries are accustomed to a lavish lifestyle, and we will make sure that they receive all they desire*.

*Within reason, and not in violation of international and national law

To: The PA to B.D. Gryph, Zybodian Public Servant of Foreign Relations

From: Athanasia Stamatia, PA to Leonidas Stylianos, Epaiteian Minister for Foreign Affairs

In the previous press release, it was stated that "The top five levels [of the Press Tower] are reserved for the various official dignitaries we expect to see at this exhibition". Does this include accomodation? Mr Stylianos has asked me to reserve a suite as he will be making an appearance at the Exhibition as soon as this little detail is arranged, and will be staying for approximately one week. Mr Stylianos has also informed me that he is not expecting a penthouse, and will be happy so long as he has a south-facing window. I believe he wishes to be able to see the ocean. As a fellow PA, however, you will understand that you sometimes have to read between the lines, and I ask you to reserve a suite worthy of a man in his position.

Please let me know what has been organised as soon as possible.

Many thanks.

To: Athanasia Stamatia, PA to Leonidas Stylianos, Epaiteian Minister for Foreign Affairs

From: R. L. Kyrrg, Manager, Zybodia Foreign Relations Department

Re: Accomodations for CASEY

We have a four room south-facing suite available on the thirty-ninth floor. The suite itself is spacious enough, but he will also have access to the dignitary lounge, gym, and restaurant, all located on the top floor of the building, as well as official exhibition facilities throughout the city. I will hold it for Mr. Stylianos. I trust this will be satisfactory. Will Mr. Stylianos be travelling alone, or will he require accomodations for his staff as well? Regardless, we look forward to the minister's arrival, and we will do all in our power to make sure he has an enjoyable stay.

Please be advised that B. D. Gryph has left the Zybodian Foreign Relations Department to focus on his position as Foreign Affairs Minister for Yggdrasil. Our current Public Servant of Foreign Affairs is M. Z. Yarth.

Marathon write-up for the Zyramphon:

It was a cool, partly cloudy morning, which quickly heated up to 26 degrees by noon, for the running of the first event of the Cultural and Sporting Exhibition of Yggdrasil (CASEY), the marathon. Twenty-five contestants started in front of the Beehive arena at 10am, and began their 26.2 mile trek through the town of Yggsport and the surrounding countryside.

The competition was rough, with four of the competitors succumbing to the course, but in the end, local sensation R. Z. Xanyll of Zybodia brought home the victory in just over two hours and twelve minutes, completing the last 300 meters alone on the track to wild applause from the attending crowd.

It was close for much of the race, as Todd Bennett of Iyari set the pace for the first fifteen miles, with eight others in the chase pack. Near the seventeen mile mark, Xanyll began to move up followed by John Johnson of Coloterra, Angelo Vanduyn of Vinnlande, and Renzo Armano of Ruperts. Unable to keep up with the new leaders, Bennett fell back to the back of the new chase pack.

Just into the twentieth mile, Xanyll began to pull away from the other three runners, and continued building his lead until the end of the race, eventually finishing almost three minutes ahead of them. Armano, Johnson, and Vanduyn jostled for position all the way until the end of the race, with Armano taking a ten second lead onto the track and finishing second, and Armano pulling away from Vanduyn in the last 200 meters to claim third.

John Johnson wowed the crowd by performing a backflip immediately after finishing the race, a performance he normally reserves for races he wins.

Full marathon results

R. Z. Xanyll (Zybodia)               02:12:16
John Johnson (Coloterra)             02:15:07
Renzo Armano (Ruperts)               02:15:18
Angelo Vanduyn (Vinnlande)           02:15:30
A Sallak (Hunter A Bettik)           02:17:43
Kraig Diiorio (Vinnlande)            02:19:09
B Sizak (Hunter A Bettik)            02:20:28
Salvatore Lorenzi (Ruperts)          02:21:36
Todd Bennett (Iyari)                 02:25:31
Jonathan Pierres (Numero Capitan)    02:26:34
Louiza Evgenia (Epaiteia)            02:27:47
En Yu Pan (Drakkel)                  02:27:59
Minh Chau Le (Drakkel)               02:29:24
Gianni Bianchi (Ruperts)             02:41:32
A Sratak (Hunter A Bettik)           02:42:36
Jimmy Eakes (Vinnlande)              02:43:10
Ioanna Georgios (Epaiteia)           02:43:51
R. M. Lynam (Zybodia)                02:48:30
Dae Sung Han (Drakkel)               02:49:32
Gabriel Edwards (Iyari)              02:49:46
Jodie Myers (Numero Capitan)         02:51:51
Eduardi Placencia (Coloterra)          DNF
Anderson Bryant (Iyari)                DNF
P. N. Wyrll (Zybodia)                  DNF
Elisabeth Galleva (Coloterra)          DNF

To: R.L. Kyrrg, Manager, Zybodia Foreign Relations Department

From: Athanasia Stamatia, PA to Leonidas Stylianos, Epaiteian Minister for Foreign Affairs

RE: Accomodations for CASEY

Thank you for informing me of the change regarding Zybodia's Foreign Affairs Minister, I have made a note of it. May I point out, however, that the official list of national leaders available to the region still lists Mr Gryph as Public Servant of Foreign Affairs for Zybodia.

The accomodation described is completely satisfactory. You have my thanks and the thanks of Mr Stylianos. I will be travelling with the minister, as will his two daughters and their security. No staff will be travelling with Mr Stylianos other than myself, so only one more suite will be necessary. I ask for provisions to be made for the girls to stay in their father's suite. They will be happy to share a room.

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to organise this, the minister understands that CASEY requires much organisation and you must be very busy at this period.

Mr Stylianos can be expected to arrive within the next two days. I will be more specific once I have talked to the minister and informed him of the arrangements.

Edited by Epaiteia

To: Athanasia Stamatia, PA to Leonidas Stylianos, Epaiteian Minister for Foreign Affairs

From: R.L. Kyrrg, Manager, Zybodia Foreign Relations Department

RE: Accomodations for CASEY

Thank you for noting the deficiency in the international leaders list. I will pass this information on to the appropriate department. I would like to point out the Zybodian wiki, which always has an up-to-date list of Zybodian leaders, as defective as it may be in other respects.

We have formally reserved the discussed suite, as well as an adjoining two-room suite for Mr. Stylianos and yourself. Extra beds are being brought for the girls. We look forward to your arrival here in Yggsport.

Edited by Zybodia