Regional Award Ceremony VII

Regional Award Ceremony VII

ceremony5.jpgceremony3.jpg

Honourable Chancellor,
Ministers and Senators present here today,
Ambassadors,
Representatives,
Ladies and gentlemen.

Thank you for coming to the Regional Award Ceremony today. Every few months, the region comes together to celebrate the hard work, creativity and innovativeness of our best and brightest. Honored today is a member who had made a difference in one way or another to make Yggdrasil a better place in the past few months.

The nation we are talking about, of course, is our former Chancellor Wookies. I would like to speak for a few minutes about Wookies. Unlike the other Chancellors before him, Wookies was not a new nation when he came and joined Yggdrasil. He was already an experience nation who had held important posts in Global Right Alliance. Very soon after he joined us, he struck up a good rapport with Yggdrasilians and was accepted into our close knit community. In fact, we liked him so much that we elected him to become delegate in his first election. The region also gave him the loving moniker 'His Hairyness' which was a play on the Star Wars ape who he derived his nation name.

Wookies became the 19th Delegate of Yggdrasil in August 2011 and discharged his duties diligently early in his term. Unfortunately for him and the region, I became inactive during this period of time. As a result, I was not able to help around the region as much. This meant that Wookies, along with the rest of the Council, had to take on more duties and keep the region running. Very soon, the inactivity affected everyone, including Wookies himself. Nevertheless, we appreciate the tough situation he was in. It is depressing to see the founder go missing most of the days and the regional population dropping. We also acknowledge the fact that Wookies was made to stay as delegate beyond a 6-month term --this was not something he had bargained for when he stood for election.

For his overall contribution to the region during the region's most difficult time, I hereby award the former Chancellor the Mercadia Medal.

Mercadia-Medal-small.gif

*applause*

Please join me in congratulating Wookies! :clap_1::yggsmiley::clap_1::yggsmiley::clap_1:

*blushes*

Oh, thank you very much GRO!

I'm extremely fortunate to have found a good home in Yggdrasil and I hope that the region can grow and flourish in the months to come.

I've met some very, errrrrmmmm......interesting people here in this region and I hope that more will join and stay to get this place pumping again :D

*accepts the Mercadia medal and pins it to his hairy chest*

Woooooooooooooooooo!!! A medal!!!

wookdance.gifwookdance.gifwookdance.gif

Awesome WookieO, wish we all could of been more active when you were delegate. :hug:

Also, there's still plenty of booze from the Skeleton Army:

Item-ITEM_600--01062121.jpg