Sign in to follow this  
Goddess Relief Office

Website does not load

:nani:

For a few days now I've been blocked from accessing www.half-hp.net. For whatever reason I don't know. I just couldn't get it to work on my connection. The problem seems to be on the server (ISP) side. Because trying it on another computer (using the same router) produces the same 'connection error' screen. I have tried:

- Unplugging router,

- Unplugging modem,

- Reboot,

- Different computers,

- Checking C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Basically, I have tried everything that's been touched on here (link) except calling my ISP.

I can only connect through a proxy-server that runs through the US. Any ideas what else to try?

If this carries on, I may think about moving domains. "Half-hp.net" has been giving me issues since the beginning because some idiots have been confusing it with Hewett Packard and thinks we are some kind of rip-off website.

I recall vividly now, that one of our users (from Valhalla) had the same issue a year and half ago. One day, this website just stopped working out of a sudden. He didn't do anything. And he was from I think Argentina.

Now at least two people have the same problem. :throw:

THM (The Hidden Mind) had a similar problem around May/June last year.

Do you connect via DSL? If you have a DSL connection at your home, try connecting the DSL modem directly to your computer via a USB (if you have the modem's USB driver) or a LAN cable (recommended; no drivers required), bypassing the router, and then try visiting the forum.

Alternatively, try connecting to the forum from another computer using a different ISP.

Also, some things to try out:

You can check if the half-hp.net domain is being properly resolved to an IP.

Start > Run (or use the Windows+R key combo) > cmd

Then type

nslookup www.half-hp.net

The response should be something like this:

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: half-hp.net

Address: 75.125.62.5

Aliases: www.half-hp.net

If that's not the response you're getting, then something's wrong with your ISP's default nameserver (or DNS Server). You can reconfigure your PC to use some other nameserver (like Google Public DNS, instead).

If the response is as above, then you can check whether a connection is being established with the half-hp.net web server:

Then type

tracert www.half-hp.net

If you're getting a "Request timed out" somewhere, then the connection is not being established.

If you're getting something like this:

n   a ms   b ms   a ms  ns1.siteground240.com [75.125.62.5]

Trace complete.

Then a connection is being established with the server.

THM (The Hidden Mind) had a similar problem around May/June last year.

Do you connect via DSL? If you have a DSL connection at your home, try connecting the DSL modem directly to your computer via a USB (if you have the modem's USB driver) or a LAN cable (recommended; no drivers required), bypassing the router, and then try visiting the forum.

This seem to have worked. I am currently connected by cable. However, wireless still won't work, so I guess it is the router that's causing it...not the ISP.

Also something strange: The IP address when I am connected by cable is different to when I'm on wireless.

Alternatively, try connecting to the forum from another computer using a different ISP.

I would if I can get to the library tomorrow.

Also, some things to try out:

You can check if the half-hp.net domain is being properly resolved to an IP.

Then type

nslookup www.half-hp.net

The response should be something like this:

If that's not the response you're getting, then something's wrong with your ISP's default nameserver (or DNS Server). You can reconfigure your PC to use some other nameserver (like Google Public DNS, instead).

The result was resolved to an IP.

If the response is as above, then you can check whether a connection is being established with the half-hp.net web server:

Then type

tracert www.half-hp.net

If you're getting a "Request timed out" somewhere, then the connection is not being established.

If you're getting something like this:

n   a ms   b ms   a ms  ns1.siteground240.com [75.125.62.5]

Trace complete.

Then a connection is being established with the server.

The trace works, but it had 22 connections before being connected to ns1.siteground240.com.

This seem to have worked. I am currently connected by cable. However, wireless still won't work, so I guess it is the router that's causing it...not the ISP.

In most of the cases, the problem is with the router. You may need to check if its settings are all correct or not.

Unfortunately, I suck at routers (started using one only 3-4 months back; haven't used till then), so I can't help you out there. Sorry. :(

Also something strange: The IP address when I am connected by cable is different to when I'm on wireless.

I believe that's how routers normally function.

The trace works, but it had 22 connections before being connected to ns1.siteground240.com.

The number of hops is not a problem, as long as your request is being received at the forum's web server.