Sign in to follow this  
Silvadus

What timeframe is your country set in?

Pretty simple question: What time is your country set in? 1948? The 7th century? The Middle Ages? Or maybe it's a mixture of some or in a completely different category; e.g. magic and fantasy.

Silvadus, based on its technology, military and government, is supposed to be set in the year 2064.

Although the Isolation Laws of previous TangKashan dynasties were abolished and a council dedicated to modernizing the empire was formed, TangKasha still remains in a 1500 like time period, similar to that of China under the late Ming Dynasty.

Edited by TangKasha

elici's technology, military and government are set in the year 2089 with a little fantasy and magic mixed in to it

Greetings and Salutations!

"The Borderlands of Wyrdnesse is conceived as being a bit of a steampunk nation. (One reason automobiles were banned recently.) Not that it takes place in the past, we're just a bit backwards (in a Grand Fenwick sort of way) and a bit too isolated to lurch into the 21st century just yet. Our air travel consists of dirigibles and a few biplanes. Most land travel is done either with horse and buggy, bicycle or train. And of course our military is augmented with a few steam-powered gundam-type mecha. Fashion-wise we are fond of bustles for the ladies and waistcoats and pocket watches for the men." -- Bardibras Quine, locally renowned Wyrdnessean travelogue author

My Nation of Svunbrink won't be a nation but more of a humanoid race. with intersteller Sci_fi like technology. It will be like an intergslactic trade confederation ruling over a small collection of planetory systems. Technologically it will be in the 2080's-2090's, culturally more on the lines of Scandinavia, and politically/economically an EU like trade confederation. Is that ok. Are there any space oriented nations in tnhis RP, because if this is wired I can change the theme.

Actually we only role-play with relatively modern nations. This region isn't really sci-fi oriented, and what you're talking about would probably be considered godmodding here.

Edited by Silvadus

Omk well thats fine. I will still do that same with my nation except without the scifi, and will base it on the current 21st century. I will just make it a Scandinavian like trade confederation.

Svunbrink,

If you're interested in doing something space-related, I'd recommend checking out the Yggdrasil Cosmic Association subforum. You can run a space program from there, and based on your economy, setting up a space colony is possible.

No tech at all, eh? That'd be interesting.

Hresejnen is set in the year 2080 but is a tad behind on most technology. Not speaking for our arms industry, though ... gods know what goes on in there, but there's likely a reason they're here in the middle of the ocean instead of in some major economic hub.

Kelewan was controlled by the British empire for about two centuries so it benefited from all of Englands industrialization. Now; five decades down the road, Kelewan is comparable to real life countries like the United States or Japan.

Interestingly enough though, Kelewans culture is stagnate and hasnt changed much since the 18th century.

Modern times. With Magitech. Apparently, I decided the "Elves are Archers" stereotype was too cliché, but I didn't wanna sacrifice the "Elves are One with the Woods" archetype, so I made them a society within the woods, and their warfare tactics guerrilla warfare.

based on our military tech we are based in a retro futuristic 2287 nuclear war has ravaged the world 200 years ago but the shadow republik was lucky to survive

Time for my nations and time for the real world were equal when I created my first nation Endolantron, on March 11, 2003 at 23:00 UTC. However, the way I'm roleplaying this, any period of time that passes by for my nationstates nations is 1440 times as long as the amount of time that passes by in the real world. At the time of posting this, for my nations, it is the year 21159 CE on the Gregorian Calendar.

(Side note: none of my nations have the Gregorian Calendar as their official. Most instead go by the number of units of Planck Time since the big bang of the universe.)