Sign in to follow this  
The Mofasa

The Mofasa Space Exploration Project

Alberto stood on the podium with a confident stance and a determined look in his eyes, his assistant, Mina, stood behind him, slightly to his left.

"Honourable Citizens of The Mofasa, a month ago myself and the rest of the Secretaries of State made a proposal to our King, it was ambitious, it was to claim our space beyond this planet and into the universe. We used to be a quiet nation, we were content with letting others decide for us, but in time we saw that we could be so much more. Our economy became strong and reliable as soon as we started developing it, we developed our own governing body to support ourselves. This would have never happened without the help of all our citizens. We wanted to take this further, we wanted to become a nation where our say was important to the rest of world.

Today, at 9:30am, the King revealed that our project would be allowed and we could claim our space within the stars. Today, I have prepared funding for this project and I have entered our nation to claim the entire of the Saturn moon Mimas with the Yggdrasil Cosmic Association, I have also put some of the funding towards the Mars Joint Terraforming Project which will ensure us a claim of Mars. We have already begun construction on our very first spaceport.

If you are worrying about our spending, there is no need to worry. We have recently found uranium in our Nilian Rainforest. Do not worry about environmental issues, we assure you that we are only going to tear down a small portion of it, just enough to keep enough money coming in to help propel ourselves heigher on the economy ladder.

This is a huge step for our nation in the world. We will make ourselves know to the entire world!"

At this statement the entire crowd begin a deafening combination of applause and shouts of glee.

Edited by The Mofasa

Due to the unwelcome snow and frost, the first spaceport's construction was delayed, but fear not as it is now finished and fully functional, we are now ready to start construction on additional spaceports in our nation.

The Whale-Alpha colony ship is now halfway through total construction and is set to launch on the New Year at 5.17am. The ship will hold a total of 500 human beings and also many plants, insects and other animals to keep the ecosystem stable. There will be scientists, engineers, technical experts and settlers.

We will also research into the ways in which we could improve a human beings survival chances in space and also improve the ways in which the human body reacts to the environment in space.