Sign in to follow this  
Korros

Mars Joint Terraforming Project

Terrforming Mars  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Will you commit 1% of your GDP to terraforming Mars in order to have 1 recognized claim?

• Yes, I donate 1% of my GDP to terraforming Mars, and all contributors recognize that I have a claim on Mars.

NO MORE DONATIONS ARE NEEDED, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HAS DONATED.

Here's the deal. Everyone who contributes 1% gets a claim on Mars (there will be a total of 25 once terraforming is succesful). Since I'm leading the charge, I get 2 "claim sites". We need 20 contributors. Contributors get to vote on who is allowed to develop the remaining 4 sites (no voting for yourself). Everyone also agrees to recognize the others' claims.

IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THE MJTP, MAKE SURE YOU POST A REPLY IN THIS THREAD SO WE KNOW YOU HAVE A LEGITIMATE CLAIM. IF YOU HAVE CONTRIBUTED BUT DID NOT POST, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE IMMEDIATELY.

Edited by Silvadus

Isn't it every developed nation's dream to have a colony on Mars? And with terra-forming it might even be a nice place to live.

I will gladly give 1% of my GDP to acheive this dream.

Aye, terra forming Mars ain't the only thing at stake here. Being left out is basically showing that you are not willing to compete for land with the superpowers. Imma in.

Everyone,

We've collected a fine little band of nations here. However, there is more we can do. One of our own, Epaiteia, is running for YU Speaker. His election would undoubtedly mean that space exploration is given the necessary attention and funding by Yggdrasil. I encourage all of the JMTP members to vote for Epaiteia while ballots are open.

So really it won't make a difference who's the Speaker then.

Well as the other candidate, I have to say I would not at all be adverse to discussion of space exploration and the acceleration of such plans in the YU.

This tends to grow in spurts, Silvadus. For a while, it was just myself and Clannadia. I can also say we've received support from both the YU Speaker and the Development Minister. I plan on introducing a measure of support on the YU Assembly Floor once we've resolved the current debate.

All right, we've crossed the halfway threshold! Also, contact Silvadus to stake your claim once you've contributed. He's produced a really nifty map of a terraformed Mars, with plots already staked out.

Silvadus has already divvied up Mars. In general, territorial claims extend from the atmosphere down to the core (think like a slice of watermelon).

May I ask why exactly you want the core of Mars?

Religous Purposes. The Ujalian religion believes that within the core of each planet resides a certain divine escence, and it must be protected at all costs. Also, subterranian temples shall be installed and mantained by blessed droids, sending sacrifices from the surface every X decades.

We requiere a 20m diametre sphere area in the core to satisfy our needs. We believe that it won't be to any inconvenience to the other nations due to thier apathy towards our religion, and that I suppose they simply have no need for the core, and thier contribution reduced to a superflous minimum.

(My country is a Zealot-packed Paranoid Theocracy, religious reasons reign supreme)

Edited by Ujalu

Alright, you may have part core, just choose between one of the 25 territories.

Edited by Silvadus

Two quick things:

1 - Someone donated but didn't post. Please post so that we know you have a claim.

2 - Ujalu, any claim would allow for a 20-meter sphere based on standard geological property rights. It just wouldn't be in the direct center.

on behalf of the kingdom of elici i contribute 1 % of my nations GDP and lay claim to my land on mars. were is the map of mars that was mentioned in the posts