Sign in to follow this  
Goddess Relief Office

School/College/University

Your School/College/Univ

Which college or university did you go to, or are planning to go? Do you have questions/advice to others?

:graduate:

-----

GRO is an alum of the National University of Singapore and also Cornell University. The former is, as the name suggests, the national university in Singapore (a tiny island in Southeast Asia) and the latter is a university in the east coast USA.

GRO has spent an awful long time in getting degrees, collecting 2 Masters and 1 Bachelors in the process. Comparing both universities, GRO likes Cornell better for its weather, scenery, and people. However, its really an unfair comparison because one is a university dead center in a metropolis while the other is in the countryside. Academically, it is more stressful in Singapore than in the USA. Because Singapore uses the British system in grading, so having a good grade means getting Bs and Cs. In the USA, its easy to get As everytime.

I have a question. Ignore it if you find it to be too personal. What course did you earn your degrees in?

I'm currently doing my Bachelor's in Computer Science at the University of Kerala. Presently, I'm in my final year at college. After I graduate, I'd like to do a Master's at some good college/university in the US.

GRO, did you take the GRE?

Edited by Trav-Coch

@Trav-Coch: I have a Bachelor's in Architecture Studies, a Masters in Architecture, and a Masters in Urban and Regional Planning.

And yes I took the GRE. Which university do you intend to study in the US?

And yes I took the GRE. Which university do you intend to study in the US?

Hmm.. I have a leaning for USC because they have a Master's specialization in Game Development (which is the field I'd like to work in, and the prime reason why I wanted to do my higher ed in the US). But then I found out that other MS-CS courses with specialization in Graphics or AI are equally valued.

Edited by Trav-Coch

Well, since I'm from Aus, alot of things probably won't apply to you guys ~~

Anyways, I've done a Bachelor of Nursing @ UWS... post-grad studies? not for several years~~~ ;P

Wow, my education seems small and insignificant compared to you guys 0_0 . But then I am just out of high school. I'm 1 semester away from getting an Associate's degree in Web Development/Administration at a community college (Gateway Technical College).

I'm attending UT Arlington seeking my Bachelor's in Anthropology. I am actually debating double majoring, but haven't yet decided what other major I'd like.

Hmm.. I have a leaning for USC because they have a Master's specialization in Game Development (which is the field I'd like to work in, and the prime reason why I wanted to do my higher ed in the US). But then I found out that other MS-CS courses with specialization in Graphics or AI are equally valued.

So I drop out of the sky and gravedig this thread of all the ones in this forum. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I thought I had to share the news here, so: I got an admit from the University of Pennsylvania (specifically, Penn Engineering) for Fall 2012. :)

Sweet! Ivy League all the way!

(Also, congratulations. It is a great school and a great honour. I hope you enjoy your time in the States. :) )

I'm still a senior in high school, but I'm planning on getting an Associate Degree in Massage Therapy. Maybe a Bachelors and Masters in Physical Therapy.

I'm from France so the system's quite not the same, but I did a license in Sociology and another one in Japanese. I think that's kind of equivalent to a bachelor since a license is 3 years post high-school ^^

Well yes a bit, but I don't understand japanese well enough to get rid of subtitles ^^;;

But it comes in definitely handy when I'm looking for info about japaneses shows :)

@Silvadus> Unless you plan on studying there for at least some months, it'll be quite complicated to have a satisfying mastery of japanese. Its grammar is f*cked up and, much like in french, the written and oral language are by no way alike...

Edited by Anthropia

I live in England so our degrees are 3 years long.

I'm just coming to the end of my second year studying Biology and Geography.

I got the opportunity last semester to study in Canada. I lived nearby to Toronto and it was one of the best things I have ever done. I got my first ever plane there and saw Niagara Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City. I miss it everyday.

I guess the advice I would give is work hard in first year (in many of the courses in the UK the first year doesn't count towards the degree) and try to take opportunity that is thrown at you. (:

Well yes a bit, but I don't understand japanese well enough to get rid of subtitles ^^;;

But it comes in definitely handy when I'm looking for info about japaneses shows :)

@Silvadus> Unless you plan on studying there for at least some months, it'll be quite complicated to have a satisfying mastery of japanese. Its grammar is f*cked up and, much like in french, the written and oral language are by no way alike...

Yeah, I've looked into Japanese and know it won't be easy. I once started dreaming in Japanese cause I was watching so much anime, and from then on I wanted to attempt to learn it.

I go to the University of Mary Washington. It is a small liberal arts university in Virginia. I am studying Philosophy, Classics, and History. It is a nice school, very pretty campus. Great professors who actually know who you are. It is a public university but has a private feel. We have the #1 Kierkegaard Scholar in the world. He has a Wikipedia page.

...Hehehehehe.

I finished highschool about a year or two ago, been planning on going to college, promise!

I am in High school. Dacula High School to be exact. Im a junior and i plan to go to a technical college and major in computer programming

I'm studying Computer Science at Iowa State (as sophomore as of Feb 2014). I just switched from Materials Engineering after realizing I have too many interests to just take math, science and engineering for my last 2 and half years of school. So far I love it, I enjoy the flexibility of taking 5 classes with three being outside my major. Like right now I'm taking Intro to Java, digital logic, political philosophy, macroeconomics, and statistics(a lot more interesting than I thought it would be it is required though.).

Advice to people approaching college:

1. Don't overpay for college (it's way to fishing expensive and where you get your bachelor isn't that important)

2. Don't be afraid to switch majors ( but don't just quite b/c it's hard.)

3. You'll figure it out, lists never really helped me anyway.

I'm studying Computer Science at Iowa State (as sophomore as of Feb 2014).

Huh - you're the second person I've met on NS going to ISU. (The other has since retired from the game.) I grew up 45 minutes from there.